Saturday, May 31, 2008

The traumatizing week




This week was very complicated for me, went through a lot of emotional trauma. The above graph shows my mind flow in the last week. Y-axis zero stands for absolute sadness and 100% stands for a very happy mood. Logically 50 means normal mentality. I went in to the week at 10% below normal. The thought of the Visa interview was the main cause

Monday
It all started on Monday when I came to know that my Mom was will. She usually falls ill quite often so I didn’t take it very seriously and continued my work. Later on, in the evening I came to know that things were really bad. She hadn’t had food for 3 days. I was scared and immediately booked my flight ticket to Trivandrum for Tuesday.

Tuesday
I flew to Trivandrum on Tuesday only to see my Mom in a very sad state. We organized an ambulance and rushed her to the hospital. It was really painful for me. Moreover the selfish bloody doctors… I detest them from the bottom of my heart…. I am proud to not have chosen that profession. Finally we got her admitted in a hospital. She was administered right away with medicines.

Wednesday
Wednesday was not any better. We did not see any much improvement in her. She was still ill. Constantly medicines were given to her. Her food intake was nill. I was really helpless.

Thursday
I could not travel to Chennai as I had planned earlier. I was really in a sad state when I got a call from my girl friend. She said “Darling, My mom has expired” and the phone went silent. I was really helpless. My girl was in a real bad state and I was not there to help her or console her. Things were just getting worse. Next day was my Visa interview day. I was really de-motivated and disappointed. That night I flew to Chennai.

Friday
I woke up early at 5:00 AM, went through my Visa docs. Had to fill certain columns, did that, caught a rick and left for the US consulate. I was still running at 0% mind alertness. At 9:45 I stood in the queue and was let in around 10:30. Surpassed around 3 annoying queues and got to my interview. Everything went just fine though and I cleared without much glitches. Friday ended at around 35% below normal mind condition.

Saturday
Still a bit sad today, but feeling much better. I spoke to my Mom, she seems to have improved a lot. I was really happy to hear that. Moreover, I spoke to my girl. She also seems to have overcome the grief and has got hold of the situation. She was speaking well and was looking forward to meet me in the next weekend.


A harsh week indeed! But, it’s all a part of life. Need to learn to face the troughs as well.

No comments: