Monday, December 24, 2007

Emotional incident

An incident happened to me the other day. It may not be very significant to most, but to me it meant a lot. I go to B'lore at the least once a month to meet my girl. This instance when I was in the Chennai bust-stand for the same reason an old man came up to me and pleaded. He was crying, pointing at his bag and telling that someone had stolen his Rs. 1,300. He said that he had only that much with him and can't even get back to his home town. I could have easily give him a hundred or two and it wouldn't have mattered much to me. I have seen several fraudsters in my life, this man was not the same. His tears were genuine. I could easily make out from his face that he was in real pain and grief. It seemed to me that he would have been saving the money over a long time. I shunned him away asking him to go to the authorities for help and that I did not have any money. I watched him walking away from me, pausing every two steps and crying. The thought has been haunting me since then. I could have easily helped him but did not trust him.

No comments: