Saturday, September 15, 2007

Proving myself good.

Proving myself good.


The last three days was one heck of a ride for me. It was that time of the year when I have become one year experienced and I was being appraised. My leads new I was worth a good reward, so I received good score there. But that's not it. To get that score finally I had to prove it in front of managers of a different project and HR, that I am worth the high score.

Back from the days of my college I knew I had a problem when it comes to remembering things. This was has always been a hindrance to me on performing well in exams. It was some kind of a disease. I had thought of quite a few times on consulting a psychiatrist.


Well at my workplace things just got out of hand. As I had to prove myself good in front of the management, I was asked to prepare a presentation and mug up points to tell. I tried my best staying up all nights, still I just couldn't goddamn remember what I had to say. It was a total embarrassing moment when I was in a mock presentation and I couldn't remember a heck. Things got worse, I got emotional, It was like one year's effort was gonna go out of hand just 'coz I can't remember. To make it worse, My lead and manager were trying the best to help me perform well, but this was actually freaking me out as I realized that they have so much of expectations on me.


Finally the D-day came, the presentation was getting postponed all the way till 4.30. I started with a welcome message and then went ahead talking about my achievements and accomplishments. Words just flowed out of me. I didn't have to remember anything. It was like I was getting words from no where. I was goddamn confident. Having two senior managers, my lead and a senior H.R. executive didn't bother me at all. In fact the only -ve feedback for this presentation was that I was a little over-confident and I gotta get that down. Hell!!! That makes me proud.

No comments: