Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Pondicherry | Boozed sloshed and torn apart.

Well! you heard it right!
I was getting all frustrated with my office work and was waiting to have a big break. Just then we guys made a plan to go to a place called Pondicherry. Pondicherry comes directly under the Indian government's rule and does not have a state government. Hence Pondy(Don't mistake for the other Pondy :-)) does not have to pay any taxes. Basically everything is ridiculously cheap.

Me and five of my colleagues left Chennai to Pondy at 8 a.m. We first got to a place called Auroville. Auroville has a very serene and holy ambiance. It is famous for the Matrimandir.

After that we got to Pondy and checked in to our reserved Hotel. The hotel was of impressive quality. In a while we headed for lunch. All of us thulped a heavy lunch and then headed to a swimming pool. Around 3p.m. we got to the swimming pool. We enjoyed swimming and cracking weird jokes until 6.30. After that we headed to the hotel. On the way we stopped at an alcohol store and loaded with lots of good stuff. After we got to the hotel gears changed. There was an India-Aus cricket match that day. The match, loads of food, loads and loads of alcohol... Just perfect.

I always refrain from alcohol and stick to a Beer at the max. The only instance that I had crossed the line was more than a year back while was holidaying in Goa with my college friends.

These days I was totally frustrated with my work and how my personal life was going and really was waiting for this day. My friend started pouring glasses of Brandy and I gulped 'em without faltering. After a while I started enjoying, moreover India was doing good in the match, everything just added up. After a while as anticipated my brains switched off. The rest I came to know by watching the video my sane friends had shot. Apparently the only thing I was talking about was my work. I was cursing my management very badly. Finally my friends managed to suppress me and get me to bed after a lot of struggle.

Next day we had to got to a far away boating place called Pichavaram. The whole day was very bad for me. I was just not getting control over my body. I couldn't even feel my legs below my body. It was real bad. Finally we left to Chennai at around 6p.m. I got to get home at 11p.m.
The trip was one hell of a wild ride.

3 comments:

Devadutta Ghat said...

if i may ask...
I thought you had owed not to get drunk ever again whilst we were in goa.. what happened now :P

Prabhu Infant said...

Corporate life!!!
People change!!!

:-)

Devadutta Ghat said...

hehe..
another q, but will ask over IM :)